Did you ever hold a newborn girl in your hands? A newborn that was so delicate and beautiful that it was like holding a doll made of featherweight glass? This baby girl was that for me. Simply gorgeous. Makes me wish I had a little girl…so simply lovely. And you can see why…her mother was drop dead gorgeous. Thanks Jessica for your patience in getting your photos…I hope you love them as much as I do!
2011 Military Family Photography Contest
courtesy of Katie Bower Photography
The winning family will receive a photography package valued at over $200!
Here’s what’s included:
- Katie Bower will serve as your photographer for up to 2 hours
- A Disc of 30 fully edited High Resolution Images and the shared right to print release form
- 11×14 Gallery Wrapped Canvas
Who is Eligible?
- any family with a member in the military (husband, wife, or child needs to be an active member of the military or part of the military reserve), of any branch of service.
How do you enter?
- Contestants should submit 1-3 photographs of themselves along with a brief description (limit of fifty words please!) of your family to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not compromise any security concerns by disclosing specific deployment locations/missions.
- Please submit all entries for consideration by Friday, July 1st.
- Eligibility is based on my availability. Photoshoot needs to take place sometime in 2011 within Gwinnett County.
- All valid submissions of eligible families will be posted on my photography website with the post titled “2011 Military Family Submissions.” It’s going to be up to you to vote for the top three finalists!
- The winner will be chosen from the top three using Random.org.
- You may vote for your favorite families by leaving a comment with your favorite contestants. You may vote for more than one family, but only one vote per family per email address.
- Voting will begin Monday July 4th
- Voting will close Sunday July 17th
- The winning couple will be announced on July 18th!
Are you or your spouse in the military and wants some family photos?
Please send your photos & paragraph to email@example.com
Do you know a military family that deserves a free photoshoot? Please share this link with them!
I wish I could give free photoshoots to all the families out there serving our country…and I hope that my little way of saying THANK YOU will inspire you to give from your own resources…whether that be a homemade batch of cookies or just a note telling a military family that you are thankful for them and the sacrifice they make everyday. And remember to vote on Independence Day! One special family will be so glad to win a free photoshoot. And feel free to share this with your friends, family & community through Facebook & Twitter & your own blog!
Oh beautiful Alexa. She will be forever engrained in my head as a black & white girl. Why? Because she looks gorgeous in color and black & white…which is in my book, pretty darn hard to pull off. It’s probably because she has amazing features; perfect straight nose, big smile that can light up a room and those eyes! They are like what girls wish for when they turn thirteen because the blue in them is so amazing that it can melt a guy instantly. Thanks you guys for letting me be a part of your senior celebration. Alexa, I know you will go far honey…really really far…